ASK ANDY: Choosing Partners, Slaying Giants - MFQA2
Ask Andy: How to Choose a Business Partner, How to Compete with Industry Giants
How do you choose the right partner to go into business? How can you compete in an industry that is dominated by one or two giant companies? In his trademark no b.s. style, The MFCEO Andy Frisella answers these questions. Joining him in the studio is his co-host, Vaughn Kohler.
Question #1: How to Choose a Business Partner
Here are Andy's basic principles for how to choose a business partner:
- Find someone who wants to get shit done, not get the spotlight
- Find someone who is good at things you are not good at, and likes to do the things you don't like to do
- Find someone you respect and enjoy hangout out with
- Find a good, moral person who does the right things
- Realize that every partnership is risky. You are going to have disagreements. In order to succeed, find a way to resolve your conflicts constructively
Question #2: How to Compete with Giants in Your Industry
Here are Andy's basic ideas for competing in an industry that is dominated by one or two giant companies
- Look for areas (offline and online) where that company is not active - and sell your service/product there
- Look into alternative ways to promote your brand. Find other people have a good voice and occupy a good space and get them talking about you.
- If you can disrupt the status quo and carve out a good space in the industry, the giants might want to try to buy you out. That's a legit option!
- Above all, find a way to be "the people's brand" - win customers one-at-a-time be providing an exceptional experience!
Links Mentioned In This Episode
Books Mentioned In This Episode
Also in MFCEO Project Podcast
If you’re overwhelmed by what you think you need to know to master social media influence…relax. If you feel confused about what exactly you’re suppose to do to achieve massive results on Instagram and other platforms…don’t sweat it. In this episode, I boil everything down to the nuts & bolts & give you a simplified list of dos and don'ts. If you take seriously what I tell you & put it into practice, you’ll become the kind of influencer that generates massive amounts of impact & income. Read More
The rules for social media success are changing. I'm a social media influencer myself & I employ dozens of influencers who represent my companies, & I can tell you this: the game is different now. It's so different that much of what used to work isn't going to work anymore. In this new era, if you want to build a focused & engaged following, leverage your platform for your business, & make millions off your personal brand...then you better take to heart what's in this episode & put it into practice. Read More
There's a skill involved in making a lot of money & it also happens to be the same skill that gives you the ability to make a powerful impact on someone's life. That skill is...listening. Problem is, most people have no idea how to listen effectively...how to ask questions, how to open people up & draw them out, & how to use what they've told you about themselves to really build them up & help them be the best they can be. That's what I talk about in today's episode. Read More