ASK ANDY: Choosing Partners, Slaying Giants - MFQA2
Ask Andy: How to Choose a Business Partner, How to Compete with Industry Giants
How do you choose the right partner to go into business? How can you compete in an industry that is dominated by one or two giant companies? In his trademark no b.s. style, The MFCEO Andy Frisella answers these questions. Joining him in the studio is his co-host, Vaughn Kohler.
Question #1: How to Choose a Business Partner
Here are Andy's basic principles for how to choose a business partner:
- Find someone who wants to get shit done, not get the spotlight
- Find someone who is good at things you are not good at, and likes to do the things you don't like to do
- Find someone you respect and enjoy hangout out with
- Find a good, moral person who does the right things
- Realize that every partnership is risky. You are going to have disagreements. In order to succeed, find a way to resolve your conflicts constructively
Question #2: How to Compete with Giants in Your Industry
Here are Andy's basic ideas for competing in an industry that is dominated by one or two giant companies
- Look for areas (offline and online) where that company is not active - and sell your service/product there
- Look into alternative ways to promote your brand. Find other people have a good voice and occupy a good space and get them talking about you.
- If you can disrupt the status quo and carve out a good space in the industry, the giants might want to try to buy you out. That's a legit option!
- Above all, find a way to be "the people's brand" - win customers one-at-a-time be providing an exceptional experience!
Links Mentioned In This Episode
Books Mentioned In This Episode
Also in MFCEO Project Podcast
What’s the #1 lie of our society & what would your life look like if you completely rejected it? So many people out there right now are talking about how everybody needs to “love themselves” & keep telling themselves that…“You’re beautiful & worthy & good enough." But here's the problem: for those statements to be true, there has to be a change in mindset & a commitment to act & live in a certain way. Bottom line: you aren't entitled to feel... Read More
How do you speak so people will listen? What communication skills do the top public speakers use that can be transferred to the environment of business and applied to every situation...to make you more effective in sales, leadership, whatever...& increase your productivity & profit? My friend Yahya Bakkar - who is a motivational speaker, public speaking coach, and business consultant - joined me in the studio to tell his story & drop his knowledge on us... Read More
So you say you're ready to fulfill your own true potential & achieve success & become a millionaire. That’s sounds so bad*ss, doesn't it? So sexy. So cool. Why wouldn’t everyone want to go all in on something like that? Because...the ACTUAL pursuit of success begins & ends with a principle that is totally unsexy & totally uncool, but utterly indispensable. What is it? Listen & find out. Read More