ASK ANDY: Choosing Partners, Slaying Giants - MFQA2
Ask Andy: How to Choose a Business Partner, How to Compete with Industry Giants
How do you choose the right partner to go into business? How can you compete in an industry that is dominated by one or two giant companies? In his trademark no b.s. style, The MFCEO Andy Frisella answers these questions. Joining him in the studio is his co-host, Vaughn Kohler.
Question #1: How to Choose a Business Partner
Here are Andy's basic principles for how to choose a business partner:
- Find someone who wants to get shit done, not get the spotlight
- Find someone who is good at things you are not good at, and likes to do the things you don't like to do
- Find someone you respect and enjoy hangout out with
- Find a good, moral person who does the right things
- Realize that every partnership is risky. You are going to have disagreements. In order to succeed, find a way to resolve your conflicts constructively
Question #2: How to Compete with Giants in Your Industry
Here are Andy's basic ideas for competing in an industry that is dominated by one or two giant companies
- Look for areas (offline and online) where that company is not active - and sell your service/product there
- Look into alternative ways to promote your brand. Find other people have a good voice and occupy a good space and get them talking about you.
- If you can disrupt the status quo and carve out a good space in the industry, the giants might want to try to buy you out. That's a legit option!
- Above all, find a way to be "the people's brand" - win customers one-at-a-time be providing an exceptional experience!
Links Mentioned In This Episode
Books Mentioned In This Episode
Also in MFCEO Project Podcast
This is a message to anybody who is frustrated with some aspect of your life...whether your frustration is with your business, or a relationship, or your fitness...or whatever! There are two realizations you must have before success will materialize for you, & when I tell you what they are, you're probably going to say "well, no sh!t"...but I guarantee you're not really acting on these realizations. When you do...& I'm going to tell you how...things will go far, far better for you. Read More
Everybody wants to be happy. Everybody wants to be successful. So why isn't everyone happy & successful? The truth is, it's not because people aren't willing to work hard. A ton of people in the world work hard & are still not happy & successful. The problem is in how they approach the work. In this episode, I talk about why choosing the hardest path possible is a good idea & the incredible thing that happens when you push yourself beyond your limits. Read More
So many of you are good people who genuinely want to kill it in your business & life, but a ton of the advice you are getting on the internet...on Instagram & YouTube & on all the podcasts by the success gurus & "business coaches"...well, it's f*cking terrible & really counterproductive to your success. There are three pieces of advice in particular that are the worst. In this episode, I tell you what they are & actually provide the right advice, so you can make the impact & money you really want to make.